Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm not a scrubber

I had a customer last night who was very nervous at first. He came in with a lit cigarette when I answered the door. I asked him to get rid of it straight away. I think that's a bit rude these days - assuming that you can walk into someone's house with a lighted cigarette. Maybe he was more used to the parlour sort of place, or a working girls' flat where it's not really anyone's home.

He sat down and asked for a drink straight away. I'm not really geared up for that. Most people are happy with a glass of water to calm them down or refresh them, and they're more interested in other things! He seemed to think he was in some kind of club! I only drink herbal tea, had no chilled wine or beer. A vodka and tonic was all I had to offer him. He accepted, and then gave me a mildly hard time for not joining him... I don't drink casually on a daily basis, and I wasn't about to start for him!

He was full of questions, which were clearly due to his nervousness: Who lives here? Why do you do this? Do you have a boyfriend? Aren't some people nasty to you? Do you work in the same bed you sleep in? Do you ever finish an appointment and scrub yourself clean? Blah blah blah.... I think he's got a vivid imagination and has been watching too much TV!

Well, about the bed... I must admit that when I first started working as a prostitute I thought it would be best to work in a different bed from where I slept. Keep everything separate, therefore not subjecting my slumber time to visions of what had gone on in that room earlier. In practice, however, this is pretty impractical unless you have plenty of rooms and beds to spare. I actually found it no problem to chill out in my bedroom after working and totally feel that it was my space and it didn't feel dirty. I do now have a spare duvet, so I use one for working and a different one for snuggling up with. But that's more for the sake of freshness and hygeine than enything emotional.

And no, I have never scrubbed myself clean after an appointment. Like I said to him... If there was something that was going to make me feel like standing under a scolding hot shower and scrubbing my skin clean until it was red raw... Well, I wouldn't do it then would I? Duh!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I wish you would write more often. Whether you make me feel happy or sad you are always entertaining. I wonder how many others read your blog regularly. Its on my favourites!

2:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home