Saturday, April 15, 2006

The One Left

I saw a customer today who was probably in his seventies. A very sweet man. He told me that he had lost his wife nine years ago. He obviously still has a sex drive though.

Afterwards we sat and talked for a quarter of an hour. He told me about his family and said that I bore a resemblance to one of his granddaughters. He mostly talked about his wife, who he obviousy loved dearly. They had been married for 48 years when she died. They had always worked together on a chicken farm. She hadn't been ill. One evening they said goodnight, in the morning he woke up and told her he would go to make a cup of tea, but she didn't answer...She had died in her sleep. He spoke about it with sadness, although he didn't get upset. He misses her.

It must be awful to be the one left, but it is also awful to think of the pain for my husband if I went first. It comes to us all, death.

I hope I have a happy marriage for many years and die happily with the one I love close by. It would be better to die together.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, probably a quiet day in the sex trade...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home